Effective from 11th April 2022
www.Masonsps.com is operated by Masonsps Ltd. Masonsps is registered in England and Wales under company number13366784. Masonsps is registered under address 3 Newstead way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 1BW.
We take data protection very seriously and understand the importance of protecting your privacy and Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual such as your name, date of birth, email address, IP address and portfolio.
How do we collect information from you?
Please do not submit such Personal Information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
Please be aware that we may also infer certain information about you from your expressed search preferences. We also collect from:
- our website (“Masonsps.com”).
- the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices.
- cookies (“Cookies”).
What Personal Information do we collect?
Personal Information we collect about you may include the following:
- General identification and contact information: your name; address; email; IP address; telephone details; gender; marital status; family status; date and place of birth; physical attributes including photos.
- Security licence information, DBS reference number.
- Information enabling us to provide products and services: age, location, other information about your job preferences that enable identification of job search (for example, post code or job role.
- Marketing preferences: entering a monthly raffle through Masonsps and other sales promotion,
- Statistical information: aggregate statistical information about site visitors and users for internal use.
- Information from Apps: submit comments to the Site, participate in message blogs, send us emails or any other user generated content facility.
- Publicly available information in relation to professional history: educational background; employment history; skills, values, and experience; professional licenses and affiliations; educational and professional qualifications.
What legal basis do we rely on to process your Personal Information?
The processing is necessary to fulfil a contract
Masonsps may process your data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you, such as to make your portfolio available to clients that may wish to make contact.
Masonsps process your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Our legitimate interests include:
- ensuring the security and integrity of our Services and in ensuring that our Websites and Apps operate effectively.
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers.
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare.
- promoting, marketing, and advertising our products and services.
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers.
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services.
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints, or disputes.
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders.
The processing is necessary because of a legal obligation that applies
Masonsps may process your data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, e.g., preventing, investigating, and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies.
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
Recruiters and other agents
Masonsps will make Personal Information available to third parties such as recruiters and other intermediaries and agents and other business partners. The amount of information we share with recruiters will depend on the options you select when you create or update your account. If you choose to make your profile public, recruiters will be able to see and your Last Active date (this is the date you most recently updated your portfolio using our service). You can change the information recruiting clients can see about you at any time by updating your details and preferences in your portfolio.
Our service providers
IT systems, support, and hosting service providers; technical engineers; data storage and cloud providers.
All card and/or banking information are stored at any stage of the process on the third party’s computer systems. The payment transactions are handled by Stripe’s secure servers. If you have any further questions on how they store or process your personal information, you may find more information within the links above. Their contact details can be found within the policies.
Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
Masonsps may share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers’ compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of our group companies, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
Other third parties
Occasionally, we may share Personal Information with other third parties. We will always do this under contract and in accordance with your instructions.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We use Personal Information to do some or all the following:
- Communicate with you as part of our business.
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, the Masonsps Website and other administrative information.
- Provide improved quality, training and security and manage other commercial risks.
- To understand and analyse customer engagement with our Site, content, and emails.
- Provide marketing information to you (including information about other products and services offered by selected third-party partners).
- Develop and improve our Website and Services (where possible we will anonymise your information before we do this);
- Allow you to participate in the raffle and similar promotions, and to administer these activities and prizes.
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; business continuity; and records.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence);
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of any of our group companies or insurance business partners, our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our group companies, you, or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
International Transfers of Personal Information
Personal Information which you supply to us is generally stored and kept inside the European Economic Area, with company growth the data may need to be moved to another data storage area but kept under the same company.
How can you manage or delete Personal Information?
When you access our website online, we store some information about you. This is anonymous and used for statistical purposes.
When you create an account and log-in to your account, it is protected by your password and may only be accessed by you. You can manage the content and information in your Account at any time, by logging in to your account
Your Portfolio can be viewed by Masonsps customers, or customers, if you have consented to this within the profile section. This is the default setting. Further, when your profile is searchable your application activity (e.g., number of applications, job titles, locations) will be visible to Masonsps, customers. Such visibility can also be provided through browser plugins or other software that we offer if our customers visit certain social media websites about you. This is also the default setting.
As a registered candidate, if you decide to exercise your right to erasure under Article 17 of General Data Protection Regulation, we will remove your data stored and processed by Masonsps. This would mean there is a chance that the application(s) or any supporting material(s) provided by you will not be viewed by any client.
Please note that Masonsps reserves the right to remove from our database, CVs which include any content that we consider to be illegal or offensive. We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your account.
However, if you would like to permanently delete your account, you can send an email to our websites contact e-mail with the subject line “Permanently delete my information and account”. Please do not forget to tell us who you are with your login e-mail address.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Masonsps is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alterations, disclosure, or destruction of information that we hold.
Our security measures include:
- encryption of our services and data.
- restrict access to personal access to personal information to Masonsps employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to process it for us and who are subject to contractual confidentiality and processing obligations. They may be disciplined, or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations; and
Additional Services for Website and App
Location based services
If you use the Masonsps website, We will at no times be able to connect you personally in connection with the respective location.
We provide aggregate statistical information about users of the Software and their use. We may provide this information to customers. This will not include any information that enables them to identify individuals.
Marketing and Advertising
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law.
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Children and minors
Masonsps is directed towards individuals of the age and above eighteen (18).
Any Individuals under the age of Eighteen (18) are expressly prohibited from using Masonsps Website.
Who to contact about your Personal Information?
The data controller responsible for your information is Masonsps.
If you have any questions about this policy or our use of your Personal Information you can email: Joseph@masonsps.com
If you do not think we are handling your Personal Information adequately, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, are available at ico.org.uk.